View Single Post
Old 07-14-23, 05:57 PM   #12
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
I've only picked up one new game in the summer sale. Still a day to run I think.

Two years ago I stopped ignoring Fallout 4 and picked it up, also in the Steam summer sale for a tenner. I recently passed 500 hours in FO4, hitting level 110 in a survival run. That is a massive success for such a small investment.

But I've felt a bit lately like I had done it all in FO4, which is not literally true, still plenty of places I have yet to explore. But it felt like I had come near the end. So I started looking for a new game to play.

And it is amazing how many games I don't want to play. I looked at dozens or a hundred or more. Even the thirty or forty games on my wishlist failed to trip my trigger.

But my gaze fell on Fallout 76, and I thought why not? Another tenner got it done and so far I'm having fun with it. A new Fallout world to explore. The players I've encountered have all been cool, friendly.

A success so far, but just level 7. Long way to go and we'll see how I feel about it after a longer run.
Add a zero to your playing time and you knwo where I am with it. 8 years. I must be crazy. Broadcasters hate it, I watch much less TV now. LOL.

Mods are why. Base building is my thing. Cozy inside, mean and lethal on the outside.

There are quite some game improving mods, changing the environment. Darker nights. Fewer light sources. Meaner storms. Bigger and striogner factions. More fighting. I use Workshop only, not Nexus.

For heavens sake, people: cheat the hell out of this game! Its rewarding.

------------

I bought Destroyer: U-Boot Hunter for 13 coins today.