View Single Post
Old 05-31-22, 07:44 AM   #4304
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
An agreement ha sbeen reached in Germany on that 100bn bonus budget for the Bundeswehr, and it has been watered down exactly as I feared and predicted. The money is no longer meant additional to a yearly 2% budget for defence, but it will be used only to boost the existing lower budget to 2%, and will be eaten up in 5 years. Also they implemented backdoors for escape routes away from those 2% every year. Zeitenwende...? Not for me, "turning points in history" look differently.

It has become known that industry and Bundeswehr both could deliver much more Marders than was indicated by pro-government circles - and many of them immediately, the industry has ijn parts readied them already. It is obvious that there is a clear prohibition by the chancellor. I would even question that even functional (loaded) Gepards and PZH2000 ever will be delivered. I believe it when I see it - and I not hold my breath for it any longer. Honestely said i think Bubble-Olaf is rightout lying to the German public, the Ukraine, and the international community. Deliberately, intentionally. He lies, plain and simpe.

You dont really need enemies when you have "friends" like Germany. On the last summit it showed that Germany is fully isolated and attracts growing anger internationally. Needless to say, when there is talk of safety guarantors after the war, Germany cannot be one of these. It has neither the muscle nor the will to fill such guarantees with any life and value. Nor does it have the honesty. It only wants to benefit from the prestige posing as such a guarantor. It may do in money, but not in military. But money transfers and economic ties bring no securty form military attacks. For that you need weapons, and the willingness to fight.

Time is playing for Putin's diplomatic calculation, the cracks in the EU's initial unity against Russia can no longer be denied, and they will widen with every week the war continues and summer passes by. Depüendencies form certain Russian exports will prevail for long time to come. Longer than they now are willing to admit in Brussels or Berlin. Oil. Nuclear fuel, ores, fertilizers. Also, while quite some wetsenr companies leave Russia, there are still many companies who still refuse to leave the Russian market.

One also wonders what Macronman and Bubble-Olaf ware talking about with Putin for almost one and a half hour...?

Yesterday I said a winner of all this is the USA. There seems to be another one, an emerging one, and that is Poland, whose reputation and influence especially in Easterneuropean countries is widening, it becomes the clear leading power of the Eastern countries and becomes more and more a pressing force in NATO as well. Germany, on the other hand, is loosing both prestige and influence, and tremendously and fast.
Most enlightening

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)