View Single Post
Old 08-22-10, 08:31 AM   #73
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
Okay. I found the file. The localization file was preset to the correct entry, so there was nothing to adjust. I already changed the Stellarium program directory and instructed. Now what. When I open Stellarium, it still shows my location at home where I set it the program to run and uses the current date. What do I do now? Insert the date, time, long and latitude for the practice mission? Are SH4 and the program linked? Or is the sky in SH4 real time (1940 and 1945 and you use Stellarium to figure out where your are and how to plot where you want to go, and then return to SH4 and plot it? I do not have an overview of what is supposed to be done.
I suspect you followed the steps shown on page 1 of the pdf document? Well, the way I read it it is just a description of how you would adjust the location in the file by hand. This isn't really the way to go every time you want to do a starfix. Instead, start with the descriptions on page 5. You need the python programming environment and adjust some lines in the python-script that 6SJ7GT wrote. (every time you go on a new patrol because the savegame folder path changes) Then you can run that every time you need to do starfixes. It wil ask time and date of the save game and it starts Stellarium automatically, and should be with the right location and time.