View Single Post
Old 09-24-22, 04:32 AM   #163
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default On B.d.U.-Staff as 1. Admiralstabsoffizier operativ (A I op) 'Geleitzugs-Asto'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Started new career in August 2019 to commemorate the beginning of WWII, 80 years before ...

+++++++

Wednesday, 23 September 1942 - Paris, Avenue Maréchal Maunoury

U 125 (Kptlt. Ulrich Folkers) reported she had sunk "Bruyere" (5,335 GRT) on course 200 in ET 7333.
U 407 (Oblt. Ernst-Ulrich Brüller) had trouble with both compressors, moved away to southeast to make repairs.
U 455 (Kptlt. Hans-Henrich Giessler )reported completion of secondary task (Minelaying off Charleston). 19 Sept. steamer sighted in DB 38, course north.
U 512 (Kptlt. Wolfgang Schultze) sank ship of 7,500 GRT on 19.9. in EE 4423. Searched Spanish vessel "Campuzano" in EE 4284. Electric compressor out of order.
U 515 (Kptlt. Werner Henke) reported busy traffic in both directions in EO 1440 and 1490.

East African 22nd Infantry Brigade captures Tananarive (modern day Antananarivo), *Madagascar.

Soviet submarine M-60 strikes a mine and sinks in the Black Sea off Odessa, Ukraine.

Soviet 284th Rifle Division arrives in Stalingrad, and is ferried across the Volga River to join the front lines, as our troops attack the landing site.

Tiger I tanks see combat for the first time, operated by our 502nd Tank Battalion, near Leningrad.

Field Marshal Erwin Rommel departs North Africa for a six-week rest in Germany, to recover from sinusitis, high blood pressure, and other ailments linked to the North African environment.

In northern Germany, the RAF attacks our naval bases and shipyards:
83 British Lancaster bombers attack Wismar (4 are shot down), 28 Halifax bombers attack Flensburg (5 are shot down), and 24 Stirling bombers attack Vegesack (1 is shot down).

RST
KvtKpt.& A I op
(convoy staff office)

Started new career in August 2019 to commemorate the beginning of WWII, 80 years before ...

+++++++

Thursday, 24 September 1942 - Paris, Avenue Maréchal Maunoury

The Führer relieves General Franz Halder from command as Chief of Staff, replacing him with General Kurt Zeitzler.

U 217 (VIID;
Oblt. Kurt Reichenbach-Klinke) took over sick man from U 201 (Oblt. Günther Rosenberg, formerly, Kptlt. Adalbert Schnee).

U 441 (Kptlt. Klaus Hartmann) has been ordered to enter Drontheim because a member of the crew is seriously ill.

U 171 (Kptlt. Günther Pfeffer) and U 164 (Korvkpt. Otto Fechner), refueled from 'Milk Cow' U 461 (Korvkpt. Wolf-Harro Stiebler).

Japanese submarine I-165 sinks US freighter 'Losmar', 220 miles west of the southern tip of India.

Australian destroyer HMAS Nizam sinks a Vichy French merchant ship southwest of Madagascar.

Our 94th Infantry Division and 24th Panzer Division effectively wipe out all Soviet units in the southern pocket in Stalingrad.

Our Armeegruppe A, launches an assault against Tuapse on the Black Sea.

Our Luftwaffe bombers attack Hastings and Seaford in southeastern England.

RST
KvtKpt.& A I op
(convoy staff office)