Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 07-23-22, 12:23 PM   #1532
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostedflaker View Post
Thank you both so much for the speedy reply. I'm amazed to see how far the community has progressed these last years, some very cool mods and even new games (Wolfpack, UBOAT).

I take your point about the futility of trying to shoot it out on the surface. Once I get a rivet counting detail stuck in my head I just feel the need to ask. I was just wondering if this is a technical limitation of SH 4 or something or other. Thank you again for indulging my pedantry!

Now that I've fussed, any tips to the Type IX? I don't think any of the newer subsims have it, so I'm trying to fall back on memories of GWX and coming up empty. A bit slower to dive, right?
you have to keep in mind that DW is a mega-mod of SH4 which is a Pacific Theatre simulation. we were severely handicapped from the start because of the focus of the game.

now...have said that, we tried to take advantage of everything learned from SH3 and implement it in SH4. we got most of it pretty-good. you can fight in just about anywhere on the Atlantic side of things from the Arctic to the Indian Ocean, driving just about every boat from a IIB to a XXXIII.

as far as actual date availability of the flak guns of Type IX, i will have to look it up in the mod and get back to you later.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 07-23-22 at 04:48 PM.
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote