View Single Post
Old 09-03-07, 05:59 PM   #51
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Cheers HM ...the manual is a puzzle to me..can't cope much with german..i found the centre view key tho (5 on the Num keypad)..so that's a start..
i can practice on some slow mechants

i'll practice it up a little tho...you know me i'm more into the process of finding the ships than sinking them really !-
that's what i'm working towards with the campaign....because the dynamic radio messages giving lat long course and speed work very well and accurate..(important !)...they can be used to plot the ship routes on the map slowly allowing you to track them down....that's what gets me going...gradualy bit by bit tracking down a ship by checking the incoming radio messages..plotting them on the map ..then eventualy there it is..."smoke on the horizon" as it were...love that side of things ..

i've sussed that with the campaign missions...nearly all the ships you encounter are more or less thrown at you by the auto shipping set up...(bit like airbase spawned ships in SH2).....and that this is controled by the shipdensity.txt...

if i remove the reference to the shipdensity.txt from the missions files

*SDensity1914
*TOstengland
*PKanal
*TKanal

just leaving the route templates

thus

*TOstengland
*PKanal
*TKanal

then the only shipping that will be encountered in the missions will be properly routed and can be for the most part monitored and reported on by the dynamic radio message function..meaning that your tonnage depends on your tracking the shipping down and a dash of good luck at the same time....kinda like manual ship finding instead of auto ship finding you see what i mean..

to be honest i don't even bother maning the deck gun myself..lol i'm happy watching the crew man the gun and peering at the results thro the binoc's..heck there's some good damage effects in the game...bits exploding and flying off ..

i would like to try a little more torp targeting as i go along tho...as i find the auto "TDC" an absolute pig anyway..can't get a lock on the target from the scope view UNLESS i put the scope up high enough for HIM to see ME as well!!!...catch 22..so i end up manual targeting and almost allways missing!
sounds like that pop up message is here to stay for me...argghh

you can't even just press ENTER to confirm the shooting...you have to mouse click the JA
why didn't they incorporate it into the gameplay with a splash of colour by having a "preparing tube one for firing sir" pop up which you then press "JA" to launch the torp.. i think the pop ups are kinda ok..but they just put them across in such a way as to remind you your playing a a game ..it interupts the immersion..and why not have a POP UP screen of the sub entering port (AOTD style) instead of the strange end mission count down affair..now that's the right place for a decent pop up if ever there was one lol!!

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote