View Single Post
Old 09-03-07, 04:32 PM   #50
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
seems to me for the accurate scope markings what you need to know is perhaps..the exact angle of view allowed by the scope...
Yes, more or less so

It's just a matter of creating a mission where a target of known heigth and length is placed at exactly 1000 metres, take a screenshot and see how many pixels it extends horizontally and vertically. The rest is very easy, as it only requires subdividing the vision area in the regular divisions that fit best (1 degree per mark, 0.25, degree per mark or whatever)

Quote:
only worked at close range tho...i'm afraid i have enought trouble counting my toes ..so slide rule calculation ..well the ship would have reached port by the time i had it worked out ..
Don't worry it can be done much easier....just a simple table (That can be added to the scope screen) showing for the possible torpedo speeds in horizontal colums the proper deflection angle in vertical columns and that's all. Precalculated stuff works well here for the typichal 90º shot and it's quick as hell : Check the target speed, consult the table for the torpedo speed you chose and wait until the enemy reaches the proper periscope mark (Thus the division in degrees of the scale). Range is irrelevant in this kind of firing solution

Quote:
any more keyboard shortcuts ??

that shift pan option is gem...not mentioned in the manual at all...more please!
It is mentioned in page 20 of my manual, though in reference to the binoculars...works also for the scope, though

Quote:
how the heck do i turn of the pop up "are you sure you want to launch a torpedo" message...
it's maddening..
According to the manual (Page 15, section "Torpedoraum", paragraph nº 4) the pop up appears only when no target is logged at the moment of firing, so as to avoid that you accidentally shoot a torpedo that has not been aimed at anything.