View Single Post
Old 09-03-07, 12:04 PM   #47
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

HI HM...
i can help with the scope being spotted issue ...

there's one file edit method possibility

tho i'll admit to not having treid as yet

but what i do is raise the scope so it just breaks the water...there is a height at which you can see the enemy but the game doesn't register them as being able to see you..ie the red dot on the compass object doesn't appear and the mini map stays clear also...at this stage you can actualy ram the ship and he will not have spotted you..(tho not recomended ..but you see what i mean!)

it makes targeting even more tricky BUT you can pop the scope up briefly to get the map screen contact on view again...and this gives you about a minutes grace after you lower the scope to "stealth" level again...that torpedo "line" on the minimap is my best helper for aiming...(i am it has to said completely bluudy hopeless at it tho lol)

so that's the trick round the scope being spotted...and keeping an eye on the funny red bar object which acts as an indication of how likely you are to spotted..is that bar an realism option? i dunno...:hmm: probably ought to be..i stiil have trouble understanding the german text so am never sure what option does what...i have been trying to turn that damn pop up message thing of.....i fire a torp and it pops up a message asking me if i really ment to fire the torp or not....making aiming EVEM more traumatic as the torp gets lauched only after i press JA on the pop up thin..
can you turn it off.?

ok..the other methodology round the spotting distance is by editing the

StateEngineTemplates.txt (main root folder)

this stores all the various AI instructions the game uses...

here's an example

c:0,1,PlayerNear:g#2
a:1,CreateSimObject:#1
a:1,GoTo:g#2,0,#4
a:2,GoTo:g#3,0,#4
a:3,Ramm:
c:1,2,LastDestinationReached:1500
c:2,1,LastDestinationReached:1500
c:1,3,EnemyVisible:5000
c:2,3,EnemyVisible:5000
c:3,1,-EnemyVisible:6000

i reckon editing the

EnemyVisible:5000

entrys is liable to reap results...tho not neccesarily all the time...as i think the AUTO_SHIPPING has it's own rules not so far found any where..

the auto shipping is the vessels included in the missions regardless of any
ships written into the missions script...

if you open one of the missions scripts (scipts folder)

you will see little tags added to most of the missions

like this

*SDensity1915
*TOstengland
*PKanal
*TKanal

tage one uses the shipdensity.txts in the root folder
TOstengland uses the ships and routes shown in the Tostengland.txt inthe scripts folder

etc etc

these templates (bit like SH2 i suppose?)

are automaticaly loaded

tho how the shipdensity ones work i have no idea as yet...

say do you know the crush depth for the subs...???

that red bar on the depth meter seems widly optomistic !!!!
i can't get to half that depth in the u35 without crushing the hull...

lol...again it's quite a high "realism" rating that in it self...
you have NO idea what your crush depth is at all lol..and once the hull starts to go..(that sub hull meter goes red) even blowing ballast and coming up rapidly doesn't often save you...there's some "roll on" cumalative effect at work ..?

it's quite a nervy experience diving in these subs..!!

H are there any other hot keys like the shift pan option..is there a
"bring view to front"
or set heading to view or any other handy ones??
the game is a bit cluncky and awkward control key wise..a few extra options would help a lot..

yes it is a huge game for modders...got myself an X file importer exporter for 3dsmax and am trying to figure out the correct settings to export with for the game....no luck so far but maybe seeadler has a few tips??
it might even be possible to create 3d interface screens i dunno bowt that tho..

there is a zeppelin in the game got to figure out how to get that going...

cheers HM

i've added a SOF mod section to my site....do you want to put the scope mod you've made on it...it might help my targeting abit!!

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote