View Single Post
Old 06-16-20, 07:45 AM   #1315
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Convoy College area, Dec 1944, heavy fog, medium precip, upgraded to a newly constructed Tench:

Encountered a H/K TF at close range, just in time to dive deep to safety. Radar was operating and there was nothing unusual about the watch.

Several days later, encountered the same TF in identical conditions. Radar first indicated a large group at long range, then flashed the TF at close range. Again, just time to dive deep.

Both times the TF had the drop on us, despite using the standard SJ-1. We were running for home at TC of 3-4k in anticipation of the two-week slog back. Never experienced this behavior prior.

EDITED TO ADD: Presumably the nonfunctioning ST radar is a known issue for the latest release? I think Marco mentioned it for the previous version, but didn't find anything for the new one on a Q&D search.
The main problem you have here, is that the Tench is not supposed to be active until after January of 1945... KaleunMarco had a Balao, and the radar is not supposed to be active until after January of 1945 either, so a double-whammy for your boat. It's not so much that it doesn't work, it's just acting strangely, due to not actually being "active" date-wise in the game. It tries, but fails, and it takes all other radar with it. This is what irritates me no end about this game, in that they have date constraints that we have to follow as modders, yet the "logic" in the game runs over and ignores them itself, sometimes to the point of crashing the game... why have "dates" at all?... There is no "fix" for that kind of issue, similar to the AI shooting at itself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
Bad Model Report : Data \ Objects \ Turm_AM_1.dat

Node : 76 - Node - TurmJP_1_Antena13
Sub-Node : 75: 3D Model

Issue : When trying to Export the TurmJP_1_Antena13.obj, the error "Material 0x6b4fa4f2e50ebe0c is not found in this file. Unable to continue" is displayed.
Thanks for the mention. We'll see if there is any hope for that one... Is there perhaps something similar looking on another sub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havan_IronOak View Post
I'm doing some research,looking through the various files and trying to understand better what all you've included in the Support materials that you released with this mod.

In the Shipsdata.PDF there is an entry for AITypeIXD2

When I look through the ...\Data\Sea files in the game, I can match up most of the entries in the PDF with directories, I see a folder for AI_Uboat9d2. While it seems perfectly clear to me that they must be the same, I'm guessing that it's the kind of difference computer programs usually object to.

Thought I'd mention it here partly out of curiosity and partly in case it causes any issues.

Similarly there's an entry for JP_ShinshuMaru in the Sea directory and the PDF has an entry for ShinshuMaru. I'm assuming that they're the same and that it's causing no problems?

Co-incidentally I can see directories for CMD_small_boat which looks like a life-raft that has a zero value for renown, and HeianTender which awards 425 renown is not in the Shipsdata.PDF at all. I'm guessing that you've altered the scripts so that those don't spawn? I see that the Icebergs which yield zero renown are still listed.

Inquiring minds...
That PDF is now "old". Ships have been altered, ships have been added. The PDF has no bearing on how the game works. The cmd boat is the "Spec Ops" boat, exclusively used by the game. It uses the "life raft" as its "base", but has other attributes for "launching" from your sub. Also, the game uses the AI submarines that are found in the Sea folder, not the Submarine folder. Other than the existing AI subs in the Submarine folder (which are not called), the players subs are the only ones used there at this time. Also, there are several "Names" for assets in the game, and it can be very confusing, to say the least. Whatever you do, do NOT look in the ConteVerde folder, and a few others, since they have a named folder, and a portion of the files inside are similarly named, but others are not. Then you might notice also that there can be a huge difference between a Sea folder name, the ship name, and what you see of it in the Recognition Manual - what thuh?... So you need to use the Sea folder, the Names.cfg in the Roster folder, and then a good search engine, like in Notepad++ or 010 Editor, to find all occurences of a name you might be looking for... and even still, it won't make sense... It's just the way they made the game, which is of course, version 4, so that's three previous versions that they took the ships and planes etc. from...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote