View Single Post
Old 02-22-22, 03:10 PM   #809
ridley
Helmsman

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Have you not taken time to read through the forums, to see all the posts from others... who have made comments on the fact of their dealing with numerous issues... all caused by multi-tasking... i.e, shelling out from SH3... not to mention of SH3's follow up... SH4.???

Hey, if ya wanna join their chorus of the shoulda, woulda coulda blues... far be it from Me, to dissuade you from that.

Pray tell, continue to your hearts content...

As for waiting for the game/sim to load, knowing that I have seen mentions of up to 12 minutes... by some.. also located within the reams of posts across the spectrum of the SH3 threads section here...

I can't tell you to wait... or not to wait... that, is all up to you. All I can do, is to inform you... that it has been mentioned by other SH3 players... of having long wait times... & considering that SH3.. is now.. what... coming up on... 17 years, to the date (March 15th, 2005)

then add in heavy modifying it... all adds up to the likelihood, of it taking longer, before it boots up...

And all this, is NOT even touching any nudging, modifying... etc, of settings that may or may NOT have to be done, on all the different computers, to get it to work... at all.

Or, the new things, coming down the pipe as it pertains to computers, themselves...

As grand as SH3 is... there is going to come a time... when that time comes, unfortunately & sadly, it will join other games/sims in the annals of history of what was... before.

I seriously hope that time, is ways off... but, I do know, that it will come... eventually.

Until then...

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M,
I have been playing SH3 in all of it's guises for 17 years, I have logged thousands of hours playing it. In all of those hours I have never had an issue with it multitasking. And yes when I started having issues with GWR I went back to basics and just let it do its thing but even without MT it just locked the computer requiring a hard boot.

So rather than being all supercilious and condescending perhaps either actually try to be helpful or change the writing style or just butt out.
ridley is offline   Reply With Quote