Old 02-22-22, 01:21 PM   #807
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Your system has the most effect on loading times.
If you have standard Hard Drives? Swap them to SSD drives. You'd be amazed at the difference!
I run 2 SSD's of 500 Gig each. OS is on C drive. Most other stuff is on E drive. Including my DeskTop files!
I had a 1 terrabyte drive but test proved that was slower! So I did the 2 drives.
My comments Jeff... were in regard to ridley of his posting about the game seeming to lock up & not complete loading... also on their multitasking, whilst running said set up... just to clarify. (See post #803)

Also pointing out, in the event that they... missed the memo on it... of others that have had any, number of issues in setting things up, or lack of it therein... of long load times... & the ever loved... *snorts* lag in waiting for it to all load up... as well... most caused by 'multi-tasking'.

Not saying it can't be done 100% of the time. but have noted that doing so, end results in a lot of the issues that have been faced due to doing so... from lag/ctd's... corrupted saves... & so forth.

Some are fortunate that of not having faced issues from multi-tasking... lucky them... just that the best approach is the old adage... an 'ounce' of prevention, is the best remedy...

Not in any issues that I was facing. *nod*

M. M.