Thread: New Build
View Single Post
Old 03-21-13, 03:42 AM   #6
antikristuseke
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Opinion on windows 8 is divided to say the least, I wouldn't use it for toilet paper yet some others swear by it.

Moving on now to motherboards ASUS provides a quality product, have used their mobos in several builds, also have had good luck with MSI and some Gigabytes, though lately Gigabytes have had problems with VRM cooling on some models. As for which chipset Intels Z77 based boards seem to make sense.

Graphics wise I would probably go for a GTX 670 at the moment, up to 3 monitors should be fine. If however you want up to 6 monitor some ridiculously expensive 7970 model would do the trick, havnet looked into if Nvidia can do more than 3 at the same time, too lazy to start.

given how cheap DDR3 is you might as well grad 4x1600mhz sticks with tight timings from gSkill, ocz, patrior or other reputable producer, 8 or 16 wont really make a dent in the final price of the machien and having too much ram is pretty much an impossibility.

For hard drives I have used Seagate drives for the most part and haven't had one fail on me yet, though that is pure luck, recently also have Western Digital in some of my builds, but other than those two manufacturers havent got the experience to recommend anyone else. SSD wise both Intel and OCZ ae struck me as being dependable. though if you can budget it, you may want to look at enterprise segment drives instead of consumer ones.

Power supplies are fairly easy to pick as there are several reputable manufacturers on the market, Chieftec, Thermaltake, OCZ to name a few, just be sure to get one with a modular design and ennough current on the 12v rail/rails and you will be golden.
antikristuseke is offline   Reply With Quote