View Single Post
Old 01-01-20, 07:02 PM   #315
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Light Cruiser Katori ASW vs Light Warship Katori w/scout planes?

propbeanie,
I went through the Japanese and merchant sections of the "Recognition Book" (not the Museum) to make a alphabetical list with draft measurements for myself.

I found what might be a duplication and/or error: the Light Cruiser Katori ASW with a draft of 18.7 feet vs. a Light Warship Katori w/scout planes with a draft of 34.4 feet. I believe the 34.4 foot draft if obviously wrong. Something minor you might wish to look into?

Update on my CTDs: My campaign is now on June 17th, 1944 patrolling area 4 just off the coast of Japan within a couple hundred nautical miles of Tokyo in a Gato sub. I've had no ships of any kind to deal with but numerous aircraft to evade. They either passed out of visual sight or we would dive to allow them to pass.

The very last aircraft (moments ago) was probably 10 to 15NM away, heading straight for me but not yet in visual range; I made a "Save" and then resumed the game to begin a dive. I watched its radar course on the Nav Map to see it make a very odd semi-circular 180-degree turn away from me. Too far away to have launched a torpedo or bomb. No other enemy aircraft had done this, and there have been many, maybe 50 plus encounters in this patrol area so far, but in none of the other encounters did I make a save. I immediately had a CTD as these thoughts crossed my mind. Well, maybe another clue to ponder? Any progress?