View Single Post
Old 12-31-19, 03:01 PM   #314
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlan5031 View Post
Well, the problem solved itself. I was aware I had two versions of SH4/FOTRS/Ult enacted in their respective game folders. One was in D Drive, the other in C. D worked and C didn't. So I deleted the C version changed the address of the D version to a C address. All works well. I have no idea why D worked better than C. I suspect it might have LAA, but both games were enabled.
Anyway, all's well that ends well. Thank you for your input.
Were you using MultiSH4 with the different copies of the game and two FotRSU activations? If not, they each interfere with the other, because they would both use the "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" Save folder. This would make your "Save on entering..." and "Save on leaving" auto-saves fight with you, as well as, if you have one little slight difference in the files, such as changing the map icons, you could possibly crash out both copies as they each look for a different set of files. Read-up on "MultiSH4 1.5" and how to use it. It is actually rather simple, but there is a set "procedure" to use it. After you have your "pristine" install of SH4, you use MultiSH4 first then, to create a new Save folder. Then you can use LAA to flip the SH4.exe header bits. If you try it the other way, MultiSH4 will usually not recognize the SH4.exe file, and report a "FileManager" error back to you. After correcting that (if necessary), activate your mod, and play the game...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote