View Single Post
Old 12-31-19, 09:01 AM   #303
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
Historically, I don't believe US subs patrolled on the surface with a flag flying on the rear. I maybe wrong, but anyway, is there any simple way to remove the flag from the rear when surfaced? Can you point me to the correct file to make a simple text edit? Thanks
Changing the flag in FotRSU is not an easy thing - yet. Plans are in the works to make it that you can have a flag there when in port, remove the flag, and / or put the flag on the cigarette deck - maybe. No promises, but Nodes need to be changed to allow such, and it would involve the use of extra add-in mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlan5031 View Post
[LEFT]
The Ultimate update of FOTRS seems to work well except for the Museum feature.

I've done all of the above, and selecting "Museum," clicking on the "Yes" I have a ticket, the Museum window opens, the red line fills its space, and after a short wai8t, the game CTDs. I've a new Dell Game Computer with Windows 10. I don't know how to pass the performance data to you, but it's better than my old Windows 7 computer, and, as far as I know, everything worked well. As for the Museum, it works in my clean SH4 backup. The only thing that might be the problem, though my LAA completed as advertised, but it doesn't appear in my SH4 game folder. Is therre something else I might try?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wood View Post
Same here. Activate LAA. Start game.Click on museum, answer "Yes", have ticket. Museum load screen appears and after 10 seconds or so, CTD. Have HP computer with 4 GB RAM and Windows 7.0.
FotRSU does not get released without it passing "The Museum Test", which is for the team members to all be able to load and run the museum smoothly - with ALL assets properly skinned. With that said, I will mention this: I have the weak-link computer of the group, with a quad-core Core2 Duo Q8350 (or whatever it is) that has multiple WD 2TB Black HD, 8 gig of RAM and an nVidia GTX 560Ti card, so I don't think we would notice if we had gone beyond a 3 gig size for the game's Museum. Your Windows OS system will eat at least 1 gig of RAM, unless you change the Boot ini stuff, which is NOT recommended, even for those with 4gig and a 32-bit OS, though it is possible to do.

Just to be certain though, and for others benefit, after you run LAA the first time (which I have in my FotRSU game folder from the mod activation), run the applet again, and do the "Step 1: Select an Executable" and choose the correct FotRSU SH4.exe file. Using the "Basic" screen, you should see this:

Notice that the "Step 2: Large Address Aware Flag" is already set. The Intermediate and Advanced mode of the applet will show "True". Just make certain of that. Generally speaking though, if the game runs and you do not have stutters or errors, then you have probably used LAA (or another utility) correctly on the SH4.exe, because the game will not run very well without it, especially when encountering much traffic or airplanes. Let me know, if you folks that do have trouble with the Museum would, how much RAM you do have. We might have to bump our "recommended" RAM from 4GB to 6-8GB, with 4GB as the minimum now...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote