Old 12-30-19, 08:45 PM   #301
jlan5031
Swabbie

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0
Default Museum crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Not getting the Museum to run is either a not-quite-right activation, or not enough RAM in the computer, or LAA is not activated on the SH4.exe file. Does the game run fine with FotRSU activated, or are you experiencing "stutter" after you get away from the home port? You will almost always experience some stutter near busy ports, what with all of the ships and airplanes around those areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

Go into your game folder and find the SH4.exe file. Right-click on it, and choose the "Properties" choice at the bottom of that context menu with a left-click. On the first "General" tab of the Properties window is the "Attributes" section. There is a little square tick box next to "Read-only". Is that empty? If it has a check mark in it, click on that to clear it, and then click the "OK" button. Now find the "Large Address Aware...exe" file. Yours might be "2_0_4", or it might be something different. Run that little applet. You will see a little ellipse box for "Step 1. Select an Executible" toward the upper-right of that little window, like [...]. Click on that, and navigate to the folder with your game and find the SH4.exe file again. "Step 2. Large Address Aware Flag" should now be active. If that little box has a check mark in it, you are good to go with LAA. If not, click in the box to "set" the flag, and then "Step 3. Commit Changes" becomes active, and you click the "Save" button and you're finished. Click the little [X] button in the upper-right to close.

If LAA was set, then post back with your computer specs, such as cpu, graphics card, how much RAM the computer has, how much RAM the video card has, your OS, and whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit. We'll see if there is any "weaknesses" there.

Now, other things to check: 1. The "Save" folder - did you empty that before you ran FotRSU? That defaults to "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \ SH4", unless you've changed it. The "UserName" is the name you log-in with, and "Documents" might be "My Documents", depending upon your OS. If you have WinXP, then it would be C:\Documents and Settings \UserName \My Documents \SH4". You have to delete the contents of that folder before you start to use FotRSU, else there will be issues with certain aspects of the mod not completely updating the game, and the Museum for sure would not work.

Let us know what you have there Pranne and - dote! cdrsubron7 beat me to it!... lol
The Ultimate update of FOTRS seems to work well except for the Museum feature.

I've done all of the above, and selecting "Museum," clicking on the "Yes" I have a ticket, the Museum window opens, the red line fills its space, and after a short wai8t, the game CTDs. I've a new Dell Game Computer with Windows 10. I don't know how to pass the performance data to you, but it's better than my old Windows 7 computer, and, as far as I know, everything worked well. As for the Museum, it works in my clean SH4 backup. The only thing that might be the problem, though my LAA completed as advertised, but it doesn't appear in my SH4 game folder. Is therre something else I might try?
jlan5031 is offline   Reply With Quote