View Single Post
Old 04-27-22, 03:34 PM   #2
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilus View Post
Hello there, fellow skippers! I have encountered an issue in SH4. Just south of Honshu, I get a merchant contact that turns into 3 warship contacts. At first I just assumed it was a TF so I got excited and got into position. However, while using TC to speed things along my game suddenly started slowing waaaaay down. I go into freelook above the surface and what a site to behold! FORTY destroyers are basically on top of me. Five of them were in a straight line formation with the rest being jumbled up all over the place.

Then my game crashed. I reloaded and and fired 2 eels at the lead destroyer to see what you happen. The second they hit the game crashed. Tried it again, crash. Ended up having to sit at 1024x TC and wait for them to sail on. However, even out of site and no sound contact the game still runs slow when using TC. Has anyone here encountered this before? I am using the steam version of the game with the Uboat missions installed as well - not the SH: Goldpack.

Old bug in game. Someone at UBI did not pay attention to the spawn rate in a random group, so basically it spawns x amount over time, then you encounter them and they are rendered in3D, it really taxes your system and the game to render than many ships. Then overwhelms it when try to torpedo etc. Rare but if encounter best to just avoid it go easy on Tc so dont get a CTD
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote