View Single Post
Old 05-16-14, 11:23 AM   #7
Thagarr
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

The original Age of Pirates included Starforce, the worst DRM in a long sad history of bad DRM, and that pretty much killed the game. Which is very unfortunate, because the game really did have some unique features, such as playing as a female main character, and a few other things. There are still a few mods hanging around though.

The stock version of CoAS is much better than the stock version of POTC, mostly because it is built on an enhanced version of the engine, STORM 2.5. The graphics are slightly better is some respects, but worse in others. Though the gameplay is MUCH different and takes quite a bit of getting used to. It has a much steeper learning curve and is a more difficult game to master. There are many mods that enhance CoAS even more, and I do recommend playing it.

POTC with our New Horizons mod is the best game of the three. With over 10 years of modding content, there are litterally thousands of hours of gameplay! We have enhanced the gameplay on many levels, and it is far harder than the stock game. There are way to many quests for me to mention, but if you are a fan of the POTC movies, then you will love the fact that we have the movie ships and characters in the game. There is also a Hornblower story line if a Naval career is more to your liking! While we have tried to remain as historically accurate as possible, here are a whole lot of other surprises from other films thrown in as well.

TLDR: If you can try all three I highly recommend you do so, and they are all enhanced with our mods, but New Horizons for POTC is the best!
Thagarr is offline   Reply With Quote