View Single Post
Old 09-08-15, 02:03 PM   #238
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMa View Post
Hi to everyone... my first post here after years of membership in this great community !
That's one hell of the post and really good way to start Subsim career...

And finally , we have an explanation for what is going on exactly...As always, Ubi...

If you still want to play SH5 with tonnage bar keep in mind that this "feature" is inconsistent with traditional SH campaign gamepley, probably because someone from dev team got a brilliant idea few days before game's actual release to pound in another feature which just may be appealing to new type of SH players...

For example, you can sink few neutral ships (even friendlies) and your tonnage bar will fill up, but at the same time, you'll be heavily penalized for your "work" in some important campaign files (classic SH) which are, from some reason hidden from the player (probably another "feature").

Someone will probably hate me for this but, as you can see, I'm a big opponent of tonnage bar "thing" and I'm proud to say that I even developed an addon for OHII which will completely ban this lame feature on a campaign level.

However, tonnage bar calculation could work very nice in combination with hidden progress bar in order to simulated more If/Then dependencies in the actual campaign but, since this feature is broken , we can see no benefits from it...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote