View Single Post
Old 09-08-16, 10:28 AM   #15
Outeniqua
Mate

Downloads: 134
Uploads: 0

Some feedback.

Decided to only leave stock GWX 3 Gold. The radar still gets destroyed. Enabled late war sensors, start a new campaign, it still gets destroyed. I tested using the single XXI mission, it still gets destroyed. Then it got worse.

I figured it will be best to start from a clean slate. Disable all mods, removed JSGME, and the mods folder. Uninstalled SH3cmdr and it's GWX files. Reinstalled SH3 from steam, as I did last time, then GWX 3.

Unfortunately GWX refuses to install. It complains about either SH3 not being updated to 1.4, which it is, or there being mods present which is impossible. I trashed all remnants of the previous installation and cleared any traces from the registry.

I am not sure whether the pre installation check's error report to the client distinguishes between different problems. E.g. I point the installer to the correct directory for SH3, then receive that mods are detected. Then I change it to a blank directory, and the error still claims mods are present. Thus, I am confused about the criteria that it needs to be happy with before starting the installation.

I will start a new thread if I can't get past this issue tonight.

MODS:

SH 3 GWX 3
SH 4 1.5 TMO 2.5
SH 5 TWOS
DW RA 1.42
Outeniqua is offline   Reply With Quote