Old 03-01-09, 10:16 PM   #22
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
Quote:
Plus the world's capital for marcipane production.
No that is Toledo!!!

The main problem I see is landing in Hamburg or Lübeck as you say. To do that I need to take one or even two extra flights, and that also means a lot of time conmuting, waiting, etc. Plus I hate to have to conmute between planes, as it would not be the first time I miss the second flight

I still believe that the best option at least for me will be to arrive at Copenhagen the 15th and then departy early the 16th to Laboe using the shortest way, preferably renting a car and sharing it with some other guys to make the trip more enjoyable.
I'm beginning to think that is the simplest idea for Americans, too. We can arrive Copenhagen on the morning of the 16th, hook up with you and other people who want to come 1 day early and drive to Laboe. There we can meet our German comrades, visit U-995 and the museum, pay our respects to the fallen U-bootmenn, and then all journey back to Copenhagen to being the meeting on the 17th.

Train or car, I prefer car, but either is fine. We could use the ferry and save a bit of time over the train, right?

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 03-01-09 at 10:41 PM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote