View Single Post
Old 01-20-23, 02:06 PM   #123
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Guess I should give some input on that motion sickness side of things now that I've used the G2 for a week or so.

I got it on the 12th, and spent the first two-three days just to get used to the software/app side of things (using VR desktop etc.) The first day I felt a bit sick to my stomach (I don't suffer from motion sickness usually), but that passed by day 2. Now, the real kicker (and a bit of insight in how human brain works) came when I tried my first game (Blade & Sorcery)!

Seeing your entire arms instead of just hands/controllers made my brain a bit confused for a couple of days. For example, if I was leaning at a table with my hands holding my phone in front of me and my eyes concentrated on the phone, I'd get this strange "numbness"/"unattached" feeling in my arms. I'm guessing my brain was trying to figure out if it was VR or RL, and I had to take a quick glance at my arms and wiggle them abit to sort it out.

Very strange feeling, I see my arm, unfocused, but it feels as if it's not mine. But it is starting to be better now.

Anyways, the most interesting part to me at least, is how easily that CPU we have inside our heads can be fooled. Gives a bit of a perspective to all those sci-fi shows and the brainwashing stuff in them where they keep someone in a virtual world without them knowing when they are really awake and when in a virtual world.

Not something I was expecting, but a wholly welcome perspective.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote