View Single Post
Old 05-31-22, 07:27 PM   #4684
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

btw, previous post I pointed you at "Data \Campaigns \Campaign \ContactReport..." folder. That is incorrect. It should have been "Data \Campaigns \Campaign \DynamicMiss \..." instead - sorry. Short circuit that did not result in a CTD...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
firstly, thank you.
secondly, how in the heck did i miss this for umpteen years?
thirdly, a couple of questions, now that mine eyes have been opened:
Contact Reports
;PartialMatch=17,202 - are these ShipTypes? and, if Shiptypes are listed, then the use case is inclusive? if no ShipTypes are listed then any ShipType will qualify for inclusion?
;PartialMatchingMinimumPercentage=1 - The Contact Report entries have a range from <blank> to 10. Still cannot figure this out.
That particular file is looking for Type=17 and Type=202 (Submarines). That line is used in conjunction with the AllMatch 'grouping', which looks for the "general" groups. Usually speaking, if no Type number is used, you'll see All Match used instead, and the group must match the Contact Report from the player. You'll notice there are quite a few choices the game can use. That Minimum Percentage thingie is that if a group has 10 ships in it, then there must be 1 ship (10%) of that type to 'qualify' for that particular ContactReport mission. You'll notice that all 20 of the active missions have an AllMatch, but not all have the Type used.

Quote:
EntryFocalPointLong=16095615.000000
EntryFocalPointLat=1730000.000000
MaximumDistanceFromStartPoint=40000
i suspect that the Long/Lat is pointing at Pearl Harbor and the Distance in in Kilometers?
No siree Bob...

The Philippine Sea on that particular one... I you play an Atlantic mod, you'll want to change some of those "centers"... Maybe measure how far that 40,000 km actually is... lol

Quote:
Status Reports
ExclusiveLayer=Yes
ExclusiveLayerID=633
my first thought was that these parms pointed to a specific mission in the Patrol Objectives index but there are not 633 missions so it must point to something else. ???

I may have more silly-a$$ed questions later.
Each mission assignment has a Layer ID, whether PatrolObjective, DynamicMiss or ContactReport. Not all are exclusive, but the "ExclusiveLayerID=" number should be a unique number. We have to move them every once in a while in FotRSU, which will happen again in v1.8 - this is another non-compatible change, to where old Saves are not re-usable...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote