View Single Post
Old 04-30-17, 03:34 PM   #7760
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
So - I just finished sinking a capital ship in Scapa Flow, finishing the Breaking the Fortress mission.

On my way out of the area, turning to port while at PD with Ahead Slow rung up. After a few minutes, I get a CTD. Repeatable multiple times - at various TCs (1 - 64), at the nav map and the attack scope view, with travel mode on and off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Able72 View Post
While we are running a different set of optional mods, I did run into the same thing after sinking a battle ship in Scapa Flow. I finally gave up on it, and started another campaign. Didn't do Scapa Flow this time. If you find a fix I'd love to hear about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbaron View Post
Scapa flow CTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Able72 View Post
While we are running a different set of optional mods, I did run into the same thing after sinking a battle ship in Scapa Flow. I finally gave up on it, and started another campaign. Didn't do Scapa Flow this time. If you find a fix I'd love to hear about it.

Had the same , if you install the directx9c shared previously , you will not run into to that....just install it and try one more time
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcold View Post
ctd in scapa.
New fresh install of SH5 with Twos 2.0
Started with a save 120 km east of scapa,no contacts on hydro.
ctd after a few hundrets meters passing the AntiSubNet.
Enemy take notice about me - no Torpedo fired.
Re: Scapa Flow CTD

Tested Scapa Flow mission several times now and without any issues.
I was blown out of the water several times by floating mines and coastal defenses but there was no CTDs... I'm pretty much sure now that we are not dealing with the problem caused by megamod's files....

My guess is that colision with floating mine will crash your game from some reason but I'm not sure exactly why. This could indeed be system related (DirectX) issue like Wolfbaron suggested...

Possible solutions:
- Update your DirectX from link provided in the first post
- Reduce graphic settings (especially particle effects)

Last edited by vdr1981; 04-30-17 at 03:48 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote