Old 09-26-21, 11:06 AM   #220
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

3 May 1942
Failed air raids everywhere...

Strait of Malacca
The "3rd sub" from yesterday was the Sargo; if found the Aoba and a destroyer and fired 4 fish at Aoba--and missed. The destroyer retaliated but fortunately wasn't able to capitalize on catching the Sargo in shallow water. It got away with minor damage.

Sumatra
7 DD shelled Oosthaven for light facility damage.

Enemy ships are all over the place right now, and our bombers tried to do something about it:
2 B-25s vs CA Kumano: missed
8 B-25s vs 2 DD: missed
5 Beaufort vs 2 DD: missed
3 Blenheim vs 1 DD: missed
4 Fulmar vs ?: Failed to find target due to weather/range
4 Fulmar vs 1 DD: missed, 1 Fulmar shot down by flak
5 B-25 vs CA Kumano & 1 DD: missed
3 B-25 vs 1 DD: missed
4 Beaufort vs cargo ship: 2 Beauforts shot down by Oscars, missed
3 Blenheim vs DD: missed

Ceram Sea
O19 hit a cargo ship with a torpedo, wasn't satisfied and fired a 2nd salvo--getting 3 hits. Pretty sure that ship is toast.

B-17s hit a convoy near Ambon, scoring one 500-lb bomb hit on an empty troop transport.

Thailand
No enemy bombers today, just a sweep on Tavoy. 2 Oscars and 1 Hurricane downed. I sent a sweep of my own over Force Lauren but no one came out to play with them. We had a few bombers hit the enemy forces chasing Lauren but didn't do much damage thanks to the rough terrain.

China
I moved the Wellingtons from Thailand to China to participate in the Hong Kong raids. Today there were Nates on CAP--and they did manage to take down a Wellington despite only being armed with .30cal machine guns. Sad! Weather hampered the strike, damage was mild.

Reinforcements
xAK Daisy Moller arrives at Aden
YMS-84 arrives at Stockton
174th Infantry Regiment arrives at Tacoma (full strength but restricted)
D Det USN Port Svc arrives at San Francisco (reconstituting a force lost when a Pacific island was invaded)

Intel reports the CL Yubari was sunk in the Java Sea some time ago--I think this was the one that ran out of fuel and got hit by a torpedo bomber.