View Single Post
Old 04-02-11, 02:19 AM   #64
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default Adding the Schnorchel as Upgrade Pack

I have played with getting the Snorkel available as upgrade option for a very long time.
I can load both types of the Snorkel. Either the Telescoping or Hinged Type Models.

The Typ-VII, IX classes use the Hinged Snorkel Type.
The Typ-XVIII, XXI, XXIII classes use the Telescoping Snorkel Type.

The problem is:
  1. I can not figure out how to add these Snorkel's as optional equipment upgrades.
I can edit the NSS_Uboat7c.SNS file and manually add the Telescoping Snorkel model replacing the Attack Periscope model and replace the Observation Periscope model with the Attack Periscope model.
I did this because the Attack Periscope is aft of the Observation Periscope and you wouldn't want the Diesel Exhaust getting your Periscope Outer Lens dirty. Using this Method you could set StartDate/EndDate to have the Snorkel load on or after set dates when you enter Port.
Code:
;attack periscope
[Sensor 2]
NodeName=O03
;LinkName=atack_periscop,data\Objects\Sensors\UBoot_Sensors
;LinkName=atack_periscop_wire,data\Objects\Sensors\UBoot_Sensors
LinkName=SCHNORCHEL,data\Objects\Sensors\UBoot_Sensors
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

;Observation periscope
[Sensor 3]
NodeName=O02
;LinkName=obs_periscop,data\Objects\Sensors\UBoot_Sensors
;LinkName=obs_periscop_wire,data\Objects\Sensors\UBoot_Sensors
LinkName=atack_periscop_wire,data\Objects\Sensors\UBoot_Sensors
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231
The Hinged Snorkel is another issue all together. It is a Exterior Room.
I can add the Hinged Snorkel by using GoblinEditorApp to loaded the NSS_Uboat7c.GR2 file.
Then merged the NSS_Uboat7c.prt file and double click the MergeCtrl @ Room_EXT located in the Project Tree at the bottom of list.
Then add another MergeCtrl @ Room_EXT.
Then edit the new MergeCtrl @ Room_EXT and add data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7c\Submarine Parts\Room_EXT - Snorkle + Anim.GR2 in the File slot.
Now the New Controller is the Project Tree but it is listed RED. Drag it to the NSS_Uboat7c.prt node.
Save changes and Exit.
Activate MOD using JSGME.
Restart SH5, Load Your Save and you will find the Snorkel beside the Deck Gun.

I hope someone can make use of this information because I am not going to pursue the Snorkel Upgrade any more.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 04-02-11 at 02:32 AM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote