Old 02-14-22, 07:59 PM   #15
yagura
Seaman

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Icon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Let me know if you are using some of Stiebler's patches per options selector and I'll list what else you need to do to make them work correctly in the game.
When I used Hsie Option Selector I had everything checked on except Wolfpk less contact reports & Bad Weather Fix. I followed these instructions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvSimAct_v10_Readme.txt
2. If you ARE using H.sie's hardware fix.
You will need to activate the correct EnvSim file as follows:

a) Use the Options Selector provided with the H.sie V16B1 package to switch OFF H.sie's Bad Weather Fix in your SH3.exe file. Place your newly created SH3.exe file in this folder (EnvSimAct_10), where you can see the two envsim files mentioned above.

b) Rename EnvSim.act to EnvSim.acx (this means it will not be recognised by Silent Hunter III.).
c) Rename EnvSim_HsieFix.acx to EnvSim.act

d) ... Alternatively, copy across both the new EnvSim.act file and your new SH3.exe into your folder \Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\, where it will replace the original version.
Note that, as per instruction d), I decided to copy and replace the .act and .exe files, instead of activating them via JSGME. The Supplement to V16B1 in my JSGME activated mods list is done according to the related documentation (Readme_V16B1.pdf) and the tests contained within that document (menu version number, new messages, wolfpack communications) were all OK. Weather has seemed normal/good too. Sorry if any of the info was confusing.

As for Hitman's Optics, I might be interested in getting that to work still but it seemed like both it and WYGM were giving me trouble with the views. But I will test that some more later on. Sound mods and some visual things might be nice too; an attack disc seems like a must-have for me.
yagura is offline   Reply With Quote