View Single Post
Old 01-29-22, 04:56 PM   #4319
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
USS Snapper (SS-185) departed Albany NS for her 2nd patrol on 4/19/1942.. While out on patrol, the base changed to Brisbane on 5/17/1942 as hoped for. Eventually arrived in Brisbane on 5/25/1942 and accepted command of USS GUDGEON (SS-211), a Gar class boat.

On 5/26/1942, after provisioning and arming the boat and adding crew as needed, clicked on Map to get next assignment. Result was a CTD.

Reloaded Save File for In Office on 5/26/1942 and requested a transfer to Asiatic Fleet, which was granted. Went to Map to get next assignment. Result was a CTD.

So I am stuck in Brisbane awaiting a new patch. It must be something in the .mis file or something between the Gar Class and the .mis file (guessing). I know I can go back to a Save I gook in Albany, but it's been such a struggle to get to Brisbane I hate to give it up.

All help appreciated!
Nutz... I'll wager that you still have the old set-up when we were having you test the Albany start, and that you do not have the v1.7p3 activated? In either case, as MM says, if you can go into your Save folder and find in "YourSH4SaveFolder / data / cfg / SaveGames / NumberedFolderWithLatestTimeStamp / CareerTrack.upc" file, and find the line "PlayerCurrentObjectives=IDxxx", where the IDxxx might be a two or three digit number, and we can then find the mission you have been assigned. Since the game assigns you the mission before you come in, that assignment stays with you, even if you transfer, hence the continuation of the CTD. But that is most likely NOT the issue. The Gar in the v1.7 iteration of the mod is not active at Brisbane when you are given the new command, and that is the main issue now (most likely). We might have to have you dig a bit further into the files to fix that, -OR- if you have a save from prior to docking at Brisbane, go back to that, and then refuse the new boat when you come back in to Brisbane. Either way, let us know if you can find that ID number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmastersims View Post
I haven’t been offered a new sub for some reason.

Finished my second patrol in USS Plunger (SS-179), which started from Surabaya on 2/4/1942. More than five objectives completed. My combined tallies for both patrols brought me up to >300000 tons sunk (I can explain how). A chunk of it was harbor rading Kobe and sinking Shokaku, Zuikaku, an Akitsu, and two heavy cruisers (in two separate attacks) at Coral Sea, effectively winning that battle early on. Docked at Fremantle on 5/20/1942. Got a Navy Cross but no new sub offers. But my renown is now ~7700.

I must’ve been unlucky then. Is there other criteria I didn’t meet?
Generally speaking, you need at least one more, most likely two, and maybe three more patrols under your belt. It has nothing to do with Objectives or points until the number of patrols is considered first, and the minimum is three. If you have enough points and a high enough patrol rating, you might be offered a new boat, if one is available. If you don't have enough points, then it might check again after four patrols, then it will check your scores and if there is a boat available. From five completed patrols onward, it will check each time back in to dock, and do something every two patrols, so 5, 7, 9, etc., so long as you do not have an "Average" or lower patrol. If you have a "Poor" patrol, no matter the circumstances, it basically will set you back to a "zero" status.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote