View Single Post
Old 11-09-15, 06:19 PM   #3067
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Yep, unit_CostalDefense controller if completely FUBAR in SH5... It doesn't work at all...

Quote:
I had some encouraging results with imported SH4 large bunker, transformed into static floating gun emplacement, but issues suggested by Gap are also there...
I should have a GR2-format small bunker, my original work, somewhere in one of my HDs. IIRC, it was ready for use in game as visual detection outpost or as indicator loop. Dunno why I never realeased it.

Quote:
I remember those "stories"...
How can one actually observe these claims in action, because simple adding coastal gun in ME definitely doesn't do the trick?
If memory serves me well, there is a patch to be enabled for coastal defenses to actually detect and report anything. Once you have enabled it, I think you can check land unit's detection circles on the mini-map (with low-realism game settings indeed) the way we do for aircraft and ship sensors. Talking more specifically about magnetic loops, the main discussion started with this post by TDW. Make sure to read also the following posts. There might also be other posts on the same topic sparse in the same thread, but for a start I think you can get an idea from the post(s) I just pointed.

Hope it helps
gap is offline   Reply With Quote