View Single Post
Old 03-29-22, 10:02 PM   #4487
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
We operate in a similar manner, I use TC sparingly and operate according to the era...early war I am submerged in daylight when in operate era, sonar scans etc. In a attack, TC is rarely used. I leave a patrol running as have a desktop use just for SH 4, only time reload a saved game is rare time when power goes out, rare CTD etc. I also run about half of my patrols without map contact updates,.

Far as the sonar scan, I will consider it. I would have to find out how to change the rotation speed lol but for realism purposes, speed seems correct and is okay with me, although it does seem a bit slow at times. If I recall the sound heads were rotated by hand (there is even a rotating handle on the console lol) and as such speed seems appropriate. Plus, gives time to thoroughly scan.

re: sonar scan speed realism... IRL you would have a dedicated sonar man calling out contacts as they are found... not so in SH4, other than those contacts already close by, so I look at the increased sonar scan speed as making up for the 30 minutes gaps between scans. In any case, if you find how to do it, you could make it an optional add-on mod so that those who want the slow torture realism can keep at it. LOL

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote