View Single Post
Old 04-14-22, 08:06 AM   #4518
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

In the interest of "science", and to gather data for further FotRSU trouble-shooting, I ran the same, almost exact, scenario in the Stock v1.5 of the game - no mods. The only changes to the mission are the removal of the APD Manley ships used in FotRSU, and the changing of the player submarine call to the Sargo. Same set-up as far as MapZones, Objectives and everything else. Here is the set-up coming in to the Holding Area, with the last radio messages displayed:

All is well. After going by the center of the 24nm circle, I started doing screen grabs every two thousand yards, to see how close to the FotRSU version any potential crash was. It never happened I quit after getting within 12nm of shore:

There we're coming in to line-up for the drops... No issues whatsoever, other than what the Stock game does to the boats in such high seas:

... and that is basically to put them under the player sub, no matter what you do to attempt to avoid them. I was always at a Reverse speed, and usually tried a right rudder to back away from the boats, but I did try several other settings to avoid them. They ended up under the sub all four times. Two of the four flipped upside down, turning turtle, as above, and show as "sunk ship" icons on the NavMap - but the Objectives all complete, so it is up to the Scouts to swim for shore, with all their gear... sigh - The third boat launched went northeast, instead of southwest for shore, so I am certain they were late for the engagement:

In the end though, the mission functioned as well as can be expected on the Bering Sea side of the Aleutians chain...

That leaves it to ~something~ in FotRSU... but what?...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote