View Single Post
Old 02-03-22, 02:21 PM   #488
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Screen shots and patrol report from the Battle of Midway in TMO 2.5 Update. I have added the patrol objective to patrol off Midway at appropriate time as US subs did. First time I've played it through not just testing. Basically the same as initial release out there, except in the upcoming versions...Three sets of orders player can randomly being assigned to cover different areas off Midway...one Northwest where good chance to run into the carriers...a second to the West (where Tambor spotted the Mogami/Mikuma and others and collision occurred) where have chance to spot the supporting cruisers and others. A third is further to south west where have chance to run into the invasion force approaching Midway . Of course, its not that simple lol.

Also...

Now have a decent representation of the SBD Dauntless, adds immersion and they did a job on the carriers, pretty much matched history.

Removed the US air strikes from Midway early on 4 June. I hated to do this, but found that even with them set to poor, the TBF SBD/ did too much damage to enemy fleet and caused a prolonged evasion, which delayed the IJN carrier force from being near correct point for US TBD's to attack and then the SBD's from the carriers, so would have situation where they did not engage the IJN carriers.

Link to patrol report and screenshots.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=107786
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote