View Single Post
Old 11-25-22, 08:25 PM   #14115
JerseySeven
Random#

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Interesting JerseySeven... I have my game set-up in off-line mode on Win7 & 10, but Steam and UConnect both go online multiple times while launching... and might hang around while the game is running also... hmmm... I just looked at my new laptop - which is still in China - and delivery is pushed back a week... for now... and they're rioting in the streets there over COVID lock-downs... sigh. It might be NEXT Christmas before I see the laptop.
Sorry about the laptop delivery problem. I hope it arrives before Christmas for you. Last piece of hardware I ordered this summer from China took a month and a half to arrive, and that was without any riots going on.

Disconnecting from the net may not be necessary while running TWoS. How odd though... I don't know about the Steam/Ubi version but the UPlay (Ubisoft Connect) version in offline mode still loads smoothly even when I completely disable my ethernet and wireless connection (via a netsh interface command).

We can be grateful that this is not an EA game.

EDIT: Saturday. After 30 min in game, the UZO, charts, and recognition pictures turned white. I was so hopeful... Well, at least I know what isn't screwing it up.

Last edited by JerseySeven; 11-26-22 at 12:43 PM.
JerseySeven is offline   Reply With Quote