View Single Post
Old 04-04-08, 09:04 PM   #125
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Okay, I made the recommended changes that hcwolf9 gave us and I got insanely high fps on the bridge in rough seas - I used the S-44 single mission as a test bed. Frame rates ranged from 60 to over 100. I got zebra stripes on everything when I had "enhance in-game AA settings" turned OFF, though. Turning it ON was a huge improvement, which also gave me the high fps.

When I installed PE2 or Environmental Effects 4.0, my fps on the bridge dropped to the low 20 range when looking forward. The interior dropped to the low to mid 30 range - both mods had the exact same impact on fps. I did a lot of playing with the anti-aliasing settings, the anisop. filtering settings, and the SLI settings and they had very little impact, regardless off the changes that I made. So, I will have to install a lower res version of PE2.

Here is what I decided to stick with using version 2.3.2 of nHancer and with the latest nVidia driver:

Enhancements:
AA: Super-sampling 2x2
"Enhance in-game AA setting" box: ON (VERY IMPORTANT... for me, anyway)
"Super-transparency AA" box: ON
Anisop. Filtering: 4x
V-Sync: OFF (Off in game, too)

Optimizations:
Text. filtering: Quality
Trilinear Opt.: OFF
Aniso. Sampling Opt.: ON
Neg. LOD Bias: Clamp

Compatibility:
Anti-aliasing Compatibility box: ON with "20000000: EA Strategy Games" in drop-down box

SLI Mode:
SLI Mode box: ON w/ "Auto" selected and no Compatibility flags checked.
(Make sure SLI is enabled in nHancer. It should ask to enable it once it detects your hardware setup.)

In game I have most graphic slider bars in the middle and everything but V-sync and PPF turned ON. I like the fog and environmental effects, despite the fps hit.

I created this profile from scratch, rather than modifying the SHIII profile. I may increase some of the settings after I install a lower res version of PE2, if there is a considerable fps increase. The environemntal mods are big resource hogs.
www.ussbatfish.com

Communism killed over 100M people and all that I got was this lousy signature.*

*http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/COM.ART.HTM
M. Sarsfield is offline   Reply With Quote