View Single Post
Old 01-20-08, 07:36 AM   #62
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig
i currently have over 40 processes running on my task manager. does anyone have any info on how i can optimise my system somewhat?

What I do is click the start menu and then click RUN. A small box will open. Type in msconfig and enter. A page will pop up that will show all you computers innards on it. The last tab is system start up page. Click on that. You will see a list of programs that are started when you turn you rig on. Run down the list and uncheck programs you really do not need running when you start your computer. Things like MSN messenger, printer programs, yahoo messenger, MS office, etc. If you do not know what one of the programs is, you can do a search in google of what the program is on the list. Once you find out, you can shut it off if it is a program you really do not need when you start the computer. Basically I have my start up programs set for antivirus and Nvidia control panel. Once you have deselected these programs for the start up, it will prompt a reboot. You will notice the your computer will reboot much faster as it is not loading these programs anymore at start up. You will notice you 40 some process will diminish quite a bit.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote