View Single Post
Old 03-24-07, 09:03 AM   #17
WFGood
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I just finished my first complete patrol in SH4. In defense of the Philipines, USS Sculpin, was ordered to patrol the Celebes Sea (oddly enough, the same area where my grandfather was shot down and beheaded in 1944.) After a week without contacts, I moved farther south and into a terrible storm. Just as we were about to submerge, I noticed some lights through the storm. At about the same time an Akizuki came out of the mist aft of us. A snapshot blew her in half, and she promptly rolled over and sank. Thinking that I had encountered a convoy, we charged ahead at flank looking for merchants. Instead we ended up with 72,50o tons of warships, 1 Hiryu class fleet carrier, 1 Shokaku class fleet carrier, 2 Mogami class heavy cruisers, and 2 DD's. Not bad for a first patrol. (On a side note I will have to hand it to Ubi. The graphics are fantastic, and I for one am really enjoying this one despite the problems. I will still keep SH III on the drive, but I will be playing Wolves of the Pacific more.)