View Single Post
Old 10-22-21, 10:17 AM   #12
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Downloads: 95
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Oh wow! Rude!!! Let me see if I can find a "clean" link that is NOT associated with Windows Insider...

Edit: ... wait... it IS a Preview app... whuh? One site says Insiders only, another says use the Windows 11 page and that there is a link there... but unless I'm logged-in, I don't see no shtinking link... ?? It apparently is STILL not ready for primetime. hmmm... gettin' kind of late in the game for this.

like 1Patriotofmany, I prefer XP over 7 (and over all others), other than the 64-bit niceties of 7 for LAA with SH4 and the newer audio plug-ins I use, which while I had a 64-bit edition of XP, most stuff did NOT work in it, and its 32-bit kludge was a kludge... sigh - so a lot of 32-bit stuff wouldn't work either... So I now have two "isolated" computers in the basement with one being a DOS / Win98 machine (old old games - amazing how good some of those still are), and another being an XP-only machine for my "professional" audio recording, but without any of the 'modern' plug-ins that are 64-bit and/or Win7 or better only... I cannot afford to continually 'upgrade' everything I own like "they" insist. Don't get me started on "subscriptions"...
LOL We sound the same. Crusty old men. I still have XP64 and win98SE and multitudes of dos and windows 98 games. CGA/EGA state of the art graphics LOL. Harpoon was an awesome game at the time then Harpoon2. Battle of Britain, Secret weapons of the luftwaffe, Doom, all the doom extensions, now I'm way off topic. I could list all the games I've spent money on. Still have 5.25 floppies even. Probably my heirs will throw them all out.
1Patriotofmany is offline   Reply With Quote