View Single Post
Old 10-17-21, 08:10 PM   #4
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

In TMO, generally no.

However, should always complete objective i.e. reach certain area, patrol area for so many days etc. in case you have a dry run. That way you are earning renown and the system rates you positively. Consistently failing to complete these objectives (patrol objectives) without sinking nice amount of shipping, can lead to loss of command, i.e. your career is over, game over. This happened to me once before I knew how to edit certain game files to get to date I wanted ( during testing of the mod) (while back) I skipped two patrols...started then ended, so had what game considered two dry patrols, without completing assignment to patrol etc On the test patrol I went to an area to check on traffic and ignored the area I was ordered to and sunk two ships. Saved. Well I used too much time compression near Pearl, CTD. Reloaded game, the old bug happened where it does not count sinkings, so sim counted me as having no sinkings and not completed assignment for third time in a row lol. I was relieved of command after ended patrol with a snarky message, and shown the home screen lol. So it seems three strikes youre out.

This is pretty important in early war period since due to torpedo issues, will be lucky to sink one ship per patrol, sometimes two.

Far as the orders received when spot a convoy etc, no failure to accomplish them does not affect, other then do not earn renown from any sinkings of enemy vessels.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote