View Single Post
Old 10-12-21, 08:19 AM   #11
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedLand View Post
Brought my Sargo into Brisbane January 9, 1943. Received the half cut conning tower upgrade, noticed all my radar and deck weapons were gone, purchased new radar and weapons, and shipped out. I cannot turn on my radar, though my equipment list shows it installed. There is no visible radar antenna of either type on the tower. Is there a fix for this? Looking through the UnitPartsSargo6 file there are some options that look promising. Has anyone seen this issue in the past?

Unfortunately, it is an old bug that is still present. I have tried to solve it in TMO but am at standstill, but we do have options. Below is a link to the downloads section where you can get instructions on how to fix your current boat.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5726

I am working on putting together instructions for manual refits since game does not do it properly.

You will see in the Data/Submarine/Salmon.UPC the conning tower upgrade dates. Typically for early war boats its 6/26/42. SJ becomes available before this, then the upgrade happens a patrol or two later after June 26, 1942 , usually. Then of course, you have to reequip SJ radar and as you found, it does not work.

I have found best solution is to (using the procedure in the link above) refit the conning tower the upgrade date, before the sim does it on its own and usually prevents losing radar.

If your case, you may have to go back to a previous save, but least you can solve it. While I believe the document says can do it at sea, I prefer to do this while in port.

Make sure to back up current files.

Hope this helps.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote