View Single Post
Old 07-03-21, 08:39 AM   #203
Pnzrldr
Watch

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default Ongoing Issue

Propbeanie, or others, I still cannot get it to go. I've done the DPI scaling stuff to the SH4.exe. I have done a clean install to a non-program files folder (I partitioned my single drive, so Steam would let me create a new folder. Easy peasy). I have manually run the DXSETUP.exe which installed DX9. No mods loaded yet, though JSGME is loaded and snapshot done. LAA run IAW directions. When I run the game, the Ubisoft logo pops up fine, the movie runs fine, and then the background music comes on and I go to a black screen that won't change. I can't see or click anything, though the mouse is (sort of) live. I have to exit out.
1. When installing DX9, do I need to ALSO run the directx_dec2006_redist.exe file found in the SilentHunter/DirectX folder? I tried running it and it wanted a directory to put files into. Has this already been done by the setup exe or do I need this as well, and if so, where to put the files?
2. I am (somewhat against my will) running an AMD Radeon 6700XT GPU. Are there specific AMD / Radeon settings I need to adjust? I have always been an Nvidia guy, but could literally not buy one and got stuck with this. Any settings or other things to try?
3. Is there any way to mod a cfg or similar file to make the game boot into a usable graphics state, and then adjust further?
4. Any other ideas? Give up and just watch streams from guys who figured it out?
Pnzrldr is offline   Reply With Quote