View Single Post
Old 08-10-17, 04:31 PM   #27
Gray Eagle
Nub

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Thank you Berbster for all the work you have done to help us new guys and returnees get our feet wet in Silent Hunter again

After several days of RTFM and dinkin around with Win10 and this hotrod computer I finally got the game and mods I wanted installed and *working*

Coupla bits I had to do due to quirks of the OS and machine I run on that aren't mentioned or are different than noted:

JSGME.exe properties/compatibility: had to tell Win10 to run it compatible with Vista or mods just plain failed to work.

Setting attributes for Silent Hunter folder (properties tab for the folder itself): Unchecking 'read only' doesn't 'stick' ..anytime I want to add a mod I have to uncheck it again for that folder.

And just to be mean, I run JSGME and Silent Hunter in administrator mode ..cause I like to hammer this OS as hard as I can. Take THAT you Win based POS!!

(I still miss my Amiga 500 ...windows still has some catching up to do, IMHO)

Thanks again ... runnin my S-boat into harbors and laying *waste* to everything there with that killer gun mod, using the 'milder' version even. What FUN!!
-Vietnam Era USAF Veteran
-Retired Geezer (GET OFF MY LAWN!!)
Gray Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote