View Single Post
Old 05-14-09, 07:01 AM   #46
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

I believe you, RR.
But so far I don't own a radar on my boat, so drawing very unprecise lines might be a bit more realistic than if I had one .

I think I don't play for realism at this point when drawing all the map contacts by myself. It's mostly for what feels the best or most realistic or whatever. I just like to see stuff on the radar or through the scope and then work out the map overview by myself. Has a touch of 'bringing it all together' or however one might describe it.

It is also a matter of what specific part of the submarine theme you want to be simulated. If you turn map contacts on you play more of a skipper's view where you only have to make your judgements based on the already evaluated information.
My approach is a bit more crew-based, probably. If someone's job on the crew is drawing map contacts than I simulate it by doing it myself. But when drawing I don't play the captain anymore I play the navigator or some other officer at this point. Both ways have their own appeal to them.

But something in between satellite guided, realtime updated maps and drawing unprecise line based on unprecise estimations and readings would be great, that's true .

By the way, what is it that TMO does to provide less cheated information ? I only really used RFB so far. Maybe I try a switch for comparison.
ichso is offline   Reply With Quote