View Single Post
Old 06-02-23, 06:23 AM   #543
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Some months ago it was reported that british ex RAF pilots seem to train the Chinese air force. Well, the German are in it as well:

(...)
According to research by SPIEGEL and ZDF, a handful of former German fighter pilots are said to be employed as trainers in China. And this is probably at salaries that are otherwise only paid in professional sports or in management positions in corporations.

Security authorities in Germany believe it is highly likely that the pilots betrayed military expertise, passed on secret operational tactics and even practiced attack scenarios with their clients, such as an attack on Taiwan. All of this comes at a time when the tones between China and the West are growing harsher. (...)
The Bundestag's parliamentary control committee recently held several meetings to deal with the "gainful employment of members of the civil service after the end of active service." The secret service controllers fear that knowledge could fall into the wrong hands. They also discussed ex-Federal Army airmen in China. The Green Party chairman of the committee, Konstantin von Notz, speaks in this context of an "outrageous, outrageous and problematic event" that poses "an enormous security risk" if it is confirmed.
(...)

[Spiegel]

Should I be surprise? Yes, I rate this as treason. Of course I do, its nothing else than this: treason. But just few days ago I red about a Bundeswehr barrack where there are just two toilets for 160 soldiers and recruit, men and women. And one toilet only functioning. With all the bad stories being told about the Bundeswehr, its lacks and deficits, its bad leadership policy, its underfunded status - no, I am not surprised at all.

Damn, Führung (leadership) once was the quality that set the german armed forces apart from any other in the world and made the difference in WW2.