View Single Post
Old 11-01-20, 05:30 PM   #2115
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That it does, but it also ties the game to the vid card clock.

Well... CapnScurvy did a "Sonar Fix" mod a while back, and that "fixes" the Stock games issue of not being able to control the Sonar with the mouse... That particular mod was adapted into FotRSU, and if I'm not mistaken, it is in TMO as well...

Gato Sonar Bearing Fix_Stock

That is the Stock v1.5 game's 'fix'... It is basically a sim file for the sub, so if there is something over-writing the sim file, or if a Save folder is not emptied prior to playing FotRSU, or if an old Save file set is used, you will "cross-contaminate" the game... Otherwise, I know of no other way for the Sonar to do that...

First I've heard of CapnScury's fix, so I've NEVER had it installed directly to the stock game, unless it actually is in TMO which I'll verify with some file comparisons. I've never had an issue with the stock game nor TMO losing the sonar mouse control AND whenever I switch mods, I completely wipe/blitz the entire installation which includes the JSGME MOD folder. along with the /SH4 folder where all the savegames and pertinent setup info are stored and then rebuild the installation with new mods There is NO cross-contamination in my games. At the moment, after 6 hours of playing TMO, knock on wood, I don't have even the glimmer of a glitch in the sonar mouse control. The problem almost assuredly appears to reside in FORTSU files.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote