View Single Post
Old 11-01-20, 05:17 PM   #2114
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Sun rise/sun set times...

Have a general question, regarding that sub set feature in the mod...

Have a career started, that has Me home ported out of Pearl... & when I am in the waters off Japan, as I have had several missions I get after radioing in on completion & getting new orders that kept Me in that same area... of noting the sun rise not matching up quite right (or at least it isn't, to Me.. I could be mistaken...).

The clock reading on the sub (now a Gato, as I upgraded from the Tambor upon completion of My last patrol... would have to review My game saves to date in that regards to say the exact date & time stamps... as the ol' brain pan ain't quite what it used to be... )
any way, the time I was noting that the sun rose when in that area, was reading around 10:50'ish to 11:00 hours, & when I did a look see on My phone using google.. the stated time recorded for sunrise was in the 6:30'ish time frame for the particular date in question, that I 1st noted this... peculiarity.

I have no problems figuring out sun rise/sun set time differentials going from W to E... doing so on the other direction.. still confounds & eludes Me in time conversion...

As I understand it, the subs clock is kept set accordingly to what port t is home ported to... as I understand it...

So, is it safe to say, that that is normal for the clock to read later than the stated time for sunrise to occur, given the sunrise being listed as being 6:30'is on that given date in time for Japan. The city I used was in fact, Chiba... or was that Chibe.. I think Chiba was correct... on spelling of that city.

Thanks...

M. M.

Edit:

Further info to help in answering this...

I have the fps dogged down in My graphics to 30 fps & the vsync is toggled as on, in the file settings in game...

Edit: Part Deux... :

Upon checking, the time frame was roughly sometime between 12/02/42 & 10/03/42... roughly.. I think narrowing it down more was in the general date wise of the 26/02 to 28/02/42.... can't pin it down any closer than that... it could have been even around 01/03/42... was somewhere in that time frame... is as close as i can narrow it down...

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 11-01-20 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Re: additional info provided that I forgot to include... D'oh...
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote