View Single Post
Old 11-01-20, 04:50 PM   #2113
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
I always disable V-sync. It does nothing for my machine except make the fans work overtime.
That it does, but it also ties the game to the vid card clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
propbeanie: I think I might have a "lead" on the source of the "sonar pointer" mouse bug.

When reverting back to TMO, I noticed the sonar station had "changed" back to stock. In the FOTRSU mod this station has been reworked both graphically a small amount AND most importantly, the sonar rotating indicator "controlled" by mouse clicks has been sped up. What file(s) are associated with the sped up sonar pointer that have been changed? If possible, I'd like to revert that particular control file "or the internal control mouse sweep setting" back to stock and see if that eliminates this nasty little bug.
Well... CapnScurvy did a "Sonar Fix" mod a while back, and that "fixes" the Stock games issue of not being able to control the Sonar with the mouse... That particular mod was adapted into FotRSU, and if I'm not mistaken, it is in TMO as well...

Gato Sonar Bearing Fix_Stock

That is the Stock v1.5 game's 'fix'... It is basically a sim file for the sub, so if there is something over-writing the sim file, or if a Save folder is not emptied prior to playing FotRSU, or if an old Save file set is used, you will "cross-contaminate" the game... Otherwise, I know of no other way for the Sonar to do that...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote