Old 11-01-20, 04:22 PM   #2112
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Gotcha on quote #1 - I'm wondering about "time of day" and TC, if that isn't messing up that weather report... but I do know that it has to be BIG drops for it to be called "rain" by the game... and on quote #2. The next version will have more set-up for later versions, and more gun changes, which thus far have been really cool, and 3x now, mazzi's "fix" seems to work with getting a proper deck gun and crew on the Balao. The same has been applied to the Tench. I have added the "fully-compatible" (maybe) FotRSU vNextVersion seasoning to it, and thus far, A-OK. While there will be some "opening of ports" in the NextVersion, we don't plan on doing "non-historic" as part of the mod (although these interim versions are basically "non-historic"), but it is easy enough to do what you desire. It will be after Christmas before I anticipate any "quiet" time for when I can get back to the CMN mod, and do some fun stuff with FotRSU. We'll try to keep a "Modern Fleet Boat Start" at Manila in the back of the mind. We'll pretend that the USN and Congress moved faster on the Tambor/Gar and Gato class... My brain though is akin to an old, rusted S-Boat that leaks... and shtinks!

Have to agree with quote #2, as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
First off, sincere thanks to PB and the development team for all the work you've put into taking an already engrossing game and making it sublimely so, and for sharing all of it freely with the community. Brisbane assignments, for example, are no longer a boring slog, thanks to the work done making Truk truly functional. Bravo!

Second, thanks on a personal level to Moonlight for the sonar lines mod. I'm delighted to suddenly see the difference between warships and merchants and decide accordingly.

If you are open to suggestions, while I have no idea if it's coming in the next update or even feasible, I would *love* to take a visiting Tambor, Gar, or perhaps even the USS Drum out against those invasion convoys. That's the only technically possible thing I miss from Stock and, as a fleet boat driver, I find myself rarely in Fremantle anymore.
A tip of the hat, to the whole team, for the hard work y'all put into not only this mod (FotRSU-EN) but any other pet projects, mod wise that y'all also work on...

I also like having the sonar lines as they assist in knowing just what is what, I know that the call out verbally is done & see the message pop up in that light grey box called the notifier... but.. when I hear that vocal call out, My mind goes into hyper drive as I think of the 1st thing to do is dive for cover, if I am not already submerged at the time... I have a love of art, and it was noted that I have the ability to think in abstract 3 dimensional thinking... though the old hard drive, is slowing up just a tad.. as it is wont to do, with the older it gets... and its NO just relegated to that either... the eyes ain't what, for Me any way I can't speak for others... they used to be either.

That aside, any thing that helps to alleviate their short comings, is a big & I mean BIG help... to continue to enjoy SH in all its formats... SH4, notwithstanding.

I do have some ideas, for things that would 'assist' other players like Myself, that have eyesight issues, to continue to enjoy SH, primarily SH4 as this is about that variation of the SH line up... but.. I am open to discussing them elsewhere than here, so as to NOT clutter up this forum area for FotRSU-EN...
Just throwing that out here as a suggestion for the areas on the cam dat & the menu.ini, I think it is that pertains to the main 3 controls for the speed, direction & depth controls.

Any way, gonna stop here, before this turns into a novella...

Thanks again to all the FotRSU-EN team...