Old 10-31-20, 10:02 PM   #2109
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
1. That's the correct mod list
2. We were at sea when Mazzi's fix came in. Think I'll wait for the next update.
3. Just that the patrol from Midway covered those dates, so there were other assignments not listed, should that be of importance.
4. Yes, we retained the 5"/25 in the stern position as in the previous five patrols. I dislike the stern position, *especially* with the flag blocking the view of a rapidly approaching DD, so I've tried switching at the end of each patrol. Each time the actual gun appears on the bow but the crew deck gun positions disappear and the crew themselves appear in Damage Control. Mazzi, bravo!
5. The rain was almost diagonal, vis was 1000 m, and seas were heavy enough to occasionally set the fully-extended periscope awash when submerged. I think the crew was in slickers during the surface attack but attention was focused elsewhere.
6. Considering that _each_ casement and _only_ the casemates were afire, I think this was the Nagato's gunnery department settling the old "casemates vs. turrets" debate once and for all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
First off, sincere thanks to PB and the development team for all the work you've put into taking an already engrossing game and making it sublimely so, and for sharing all of it freely with the community. Brisbane assignments, for example, are no longer a boring slog, thanks to the work done making Truk truly functional. Bravo!

Second, thanks on a personal level to Moonlight for the sonar lines mod. I'm delighted to suddenly see the difference between warships and merchants and decide accordingly.

If you are open to suggestions, while I have no idea if it's coming in the next update or even feasible, I would *love* to take a visiting Tambor, Gar, or perhaps even the USS Drum out against those invasion convoys. That's the only technically possible thing I miss from Stock and, as a fleet boat driver, I find myself rarely in Fremantle anymore.
Gotcha on quote #1 - I'm wondering about "time of day" and TC, if that isn't messing up that weather report... but I do know that it has to be BIG drops for it to be called "rain" by the game... and on quote #2. The next version will have more set-up for later versions, and more gun changes, which thus far have been really cool, and 3x now, mazzi's "fix" seems to work with getting a proper deck gun and crew on the Balao. The same has been applied to the Tench. I have added the "fully-compatible" (maybe) FotRSU vNextVersion seasoning to it, and thus far, A-OK. While there will be some "opening of ports" in the NextVersion, we don't plan on doing "non-historic" as part of the mod (although these interim versions are basically "non-historic"), but it is easy enough to do what you desire. It will be after Christmas before I anticipate any "quiet" time for when I can get back to the CMN mod, and do some fun stuff with FotRSU. We'll try to keep a "Modern Fleet Boat Start" at Manila in the back of the mind. We'll pretend that the USN and Congress moved faster on the Tambor/Gar and Gato class... My brain though is akin to an old, rusted S-Boat that leaks... and shtinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
After suffering 2 more "sonar mouse UI" save corruption issues, This time with only FORTSU 1.24 and the upgrade 1.26p. I'm going back to TMO for a bit to see if I get the same issues. Could be something with Win10. We'll see. I played TMO for months without these types of corruption issues but I was playing under Win 7 Pro.
I do not see how Win10 would do it to you, especially with as much horsepower as is under the hood of your 'puter... If you figure it out, let us know. Did you happen to notice any moon and moon reflections on the ocean water at night? Did they "line-up" properly, with both direction and light "strength"?... As I mention to Mios 4Me, I am beginning to wonder just how much the strength of the computer and video stream relate to what Front Runner referred to as 'Base Time 2018', of which it was late Page 5 and Page 6 where he came to a conclusion. The game uses the video card for at least one of its "clocks", and DirectX v9 factors in this also... the old standard was to target 30fps, and I know on my desktop computer, I am hitting over 100 sometimes, so I have 1/2 frame rate set in the nVidia Profile Inspector, which keeps the max closer to 30... Since I do that, I disable the VSync in the game... maybe if you guys tried disabling that setting on the Options page, Graphic Settings in the lower-right, and see what you get. I keep forgetting to mention these things... sigh... oldmanitis - but it usually doesn't matter though anyway.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 10-31-20 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Forgetful Old Fahrt
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote