OK, so
100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21p_EN
101_Patch_v1.2To_v1.26p
301_MoreDifficultAI01
302_MoreDifficultAI02
399_NoScrollNavMap
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
for the mod list?... what do you mean by the "April-June 1944, ex Midway"? Had you done mazzi's little change? No big deal if you didn't, since it will be in the next version. I've not had issues with the 40mm, and I am now on a 3rd test career with mazzi's changes, so the next test I'll do will be back to the v1.26p, and make certain of the 40mm AA.

But as for the 5" gun... you did have one? was it the 25 cal? But there were no crew slots on origination of the patrol, nor after returning and trying to go out again? Not surprising. The Balao's gun is a stern mount, and I am guessing that with the "upgrade" and the improper 3" gun configuration, that it does what used to happen when the guns were "locked-down" and could not be moved anyway. Not surprising.

As for the weather encountered, for whatever reason, the game does not recognize light rain as "rain". Did you happen to notice that your crew was not in their slickers? That is a Stock issue. Somewhat like cold weather clothes, that don't come on when it is cold outside... Also with the DD, if you are in inclement weather, the DD may well not find you at all. Too busy bailing water and trying to stay afloat ... The "pinging" you hear is not always indicative of them having heard you. The Nagato lit like a wealthy Viking's funeral pyre could be from storm damage, or colliding with another ship, having run aground previously, or having been attacked earlier, or all of the above, or any combination of incidents...
1. That's the correct mod list
2. We were at sea when Mazzi's fix came in. Think I'll wait for the next update.
3. Just that the patrol from Midway covered those dates, so there were other assignments not listed, should that be of importance.
4. Yes, we retained the 5"/25 in the stern position as in the previous five patrols. I dislike the stern position, *especially* with the flag blocking the view of a rapidly approaching DD, so I've tried switching at the end of each patrol. Each time the actual gun appears on the bow but the crew deck gun positions disappear and the crew themselves appear in Damage Control. Mazzi, bravo!
5. The rain was almost diagonal, vis was 1000 m, and seas were heavy enough to occasionally set the fully-extended periscope awash when submerged. I think the crew was in slickers during the surface attack but attention was focused elsewhere.
6. Considering that _each_ casement and _only_ the casemates were afire, I think this was the Nagato's gunnery department settling the old "casemates vs. turrets" debate once and for all.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote