View Single Post
Old 10-31-20, 06:26 PM   #2105
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Balao Patrol 6, April-June 1944, ex Midway. Mod list as recently posted, with patch now immediately following primary mod. Anomalies follow:

- Despite saving within the office prior to the patrol, the inability to move the 5" gun to the bow remained when we returned to base. The crew slots simply disappear, though the crewmembers themselves are moved into DC.

- No second crew positions were created when we upgraded to twin 40mm installations on the return.

- Our last official assignment was a waypoint off northern Honshu, where we were ordered to sink something somewhere. Sealed, eyes-only orders from ONI directed us to the San Bernardino Straits, where we encountered two Japanese fleets in heavy weather at night and observed the following:

a. Wx report listed no precipitation but driving rain was constant.

b. Japanese DDs in the second fleet were actively pinging but could not seem to detect us, even at periscope depth within visual range. Their radar was performing as advertised but nothing trumps a correctly applied Mk 16. Two DDs in the first fleet detected and attempted to close with us during the night surface attack but we cannot conclude their sonar was performing normally.

c. One of the more memorable sights was the Nagato barreling down on us, blazing like the Ghost Rider. Every single casemate was individually ablaze, port and starboard. There was no sign of any other damage or suggestion of the cause.
OK, so
100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21p_EN
101_Patch_v1.2To_v1.26p
301_MoreDifficultAI01
302_MoreDifficultAI02
399_NoScrollNavMap
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
for the mod list?... what do you mean by the "April-June 1944, ex Midway"? Had you done mazzi's little change? No big deal if you didn't, since it will be in the next version. I've not had issues with the 40mm, and I am now on a 3rd test career with mazzi's changes, so the next test I'll do will be back to the v1.26p, and make certain of the 40mm AA.

But as for the 5" gun... you did have one? was it the 25 cal? But there were no crew slots on origination of the patrol, nor after returning and trying to go out again? Not surprising. The Balao's gun is a stern mount, and I am guessing that with the "upgrade" and the improper 3" gun configuration, that it does what used to happen when the guns were "locked-down" and could not be moved anyway. Not surprising.

As for the weather encountered, for whatever reason, the game does not recognize light rain as "rain". Did you happen to notice that your crew was not in their slickers? That is a Stock issue. Somewhat like cold weather clothes, that don't come on when it is cold outside... Also with the DD, if you are in inclement weather, the DD may well not find you at all. Too busy bailing water and trying to stay afloat ... The "pinging" you hear is not always indicative of them having heard you. The Nagato lit like a wealthy Viking's funeral pyre could be from storm damage, or colliding with another ship, having run aground previously, or having been attacked earlier, or all of the above, or any combination of incidents...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote